5 Clean Beauty Ingredients To Know For A Glowing 2021
The new year is a great time to get up to speed on what’s in store for skin care. Making the pivot to clean beauty has been a significant and steady trend, and self-care practices are also on the rise (and helping us get through this COVID-19 pandemic). So, becoming more familiar with non-toxic ingredients and where they are sourced from is a great way to kick-start a new clean perspective as we ease into 2021.
With that in mind, we’d like to shine the spotlight on “Five Clean Ingredients” that will no doubt help us usher in a brighter, healthier year: Centella Asiatica, Hippophae Rhamnoides, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis, and Curcuma Longa! They aren’t new, they’re tried-and-true (both Korean Beauty and Western skin care philosophies have formulated with them for decades, if not centuries). And this year, they’re sure to be among the “it” ingredients:
- Centella Asiatica, k.a. Gotu Kola and Pennywort is a botanical herb found in Asia that’s rich in antioxidants and amino acids, and is coveted for its powerful soothing, moisturizing, and healing potential – the perfect trifecta for calming and repairing irritated and inflamed skin. If restoring peace and balance to your skin is a priority for 2021, our Deep Healing Mask, which helps regain elasticity and health lost during the natural aging process or due to environmental conditions, and DEEP HYDRATION Aloe Gel Mist, a multi-tasking face mist designed to hydrate, calm, cool, reduce redness, and prime skin for makeup, each deliver the skin-nurturing benefits of Centella Asiatica.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides, which also goes by Sea Buckthorn and Seaberry, is sourced from a shrub native to Asia and Europe, and imparts its skin care magic in extract, water, and oil forms. A potent source of antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and E, firming fatty acids, and carotenoids, its dynamic capabilities include helping to prevent moisture loss, regain elasticity, regenerate skin cells, keep bacteria at bay, and fight off free radicals. If restoring skin is a priority for the new year, our Rejuvenating & Repair Mask, which helps rewind the signs of aging, and Ginseng Vitality Mask, which gives dull and depleted skin a healthy, energized glow, both boast Hippophae Rhamnoides as an MVP when it comes to ingredients.
- Niacinamide, or Nicotinamide, is a water-soluble form of vitamin B3 with antioxidant and multi-tasking powers. It boasts benefits including brightening skin tone, calming irritation and inflammation, balancing oil, moisture retention, and UV-protection. If giving skin an overall boost of radiance is at the top of your list, our Brightening Radiance Mask delivers a brightening blend including Niacinamide to even-out skin tone, reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation associated with sun damage and aging, and restore elasticity and vibrancy.
- Aloe Barbadensis, a common houseplant usually referred to as Aloe, has many forms including “leaf water” and “leaf extract.” This botanical is uber-popular for its ability to soothe and calm skin, but Aloe has other surprising pluses like toning the skin, locking in moisture, and even helping prime skin for other skin care products. If multi-tasking skin care is part of your goals, our DEEP HYDRATION Aloe Gel Mist includes both Aloe Barbadensis water and extract forms for a double-dose of benefits. it’s also the main attraction in our Aloe Soothing Mask to relieve irritation and inflammation caused by acne, sun damage, and environmental stress.
- You might know Curcuma Longa, a flowering plant akin to ginger, as Turmeric (like that golden-hued spice on your rack). It contains a main component called curcumin, which is known to improve skin health by repairing cell damage and fighting off free radicals, and has shown to help skin ailments ranging from inflammation to acne. If adding some spice to your skin care sounds appealing, Curcuma Longa is incorporated into our Soothing Protection Mask, which delivers intense hydration and moisturization, while calming and protecting skin, Ultra-Nourishing Moisture Mask, which promotes moisture retention at a deeper level and nourishes, replenishes, and plumps dehydrated and depleted skin, Honey Glow Mask, which purify, soothe, and moisturize inflamed, irritated skin associated with acne, dryness, and environmental stress, and many other Aloisia Beauty products.
2021 has only just begun, so adding any or all these five clean trend ingredients to your skin care routine just might help your complexion glow all year long!- The Aloisia Beauty Team