5 Reasons Why Sheet Masks Are A Skin Care Must
Although sheet masks have received a lot of renewed buzz during 2020, they have always been an essential part of skin care. In fact, these serum-soaked fabric masks are reserved for step #7 in the centuries-old Korean Beauty skin care ritual. Whether you apply one daily or weekly, sheet masks are a treat for your skin – and your well-being! Here are 5 reasons why:
- They seal in the good stuff. Sheet masks are so potent because they are fashioned to cling to your face, creating a physical barrier between your skin and the air. This allows the enriched serum concentration to penetrate more deeply without evaporating, and helps your skin receive the maximum benefits of the ingredients because they are not compromised by any external impurities. Sheet masks also help lock-in your skin’s own moisture during the application process. It’s important to note that since skin is your body’s largest organ and absorbs what you put on its surface, make sure your sheet masks are formulated with clean, not toxic, ingredients.
- They’re tailored to your needs. From fighting the signs of aging, to fading and brightening, to busting breakouts, to soothing irritation to dry skin treatment, there’s a targeted sheet mask to zero in on every individual skin concern. Since skin is fickle, sheet masks are a super-easy way to address exactly your skin needs on any given day. You could even apply a different mask every day of the week!
- They’re the ultimate skin care convenience. No jars, tubes, activators, or clean-up here! Single-use sheet masks are pre-packaged in sterile foil, ready-to-use upon opening, don’t need to be washed off, get discarded right after use, don’t take up tons of shelf-space, and are travel-friendly.
- They won’t break the bank. You don’t need to visit the spa or make an expensive commitment to a whole bottle. Sheet masks are a cost-effective way to find the serums that work for you and stock up on a variety of treatments, without compromising on quality or cleaning out your wallet.
- They make you say “spahhh.” Carving out 15 to 20 minutes a day or per week to apply a sheet mask is the perfect opportunity to check in with yourself, unwind and de-stress from life’s busy demands, and pamper your skin and soul - all which will help restore both your inner and outer glow!
Ready to unmask your best reflection? Make a sheet mask part of your regular skin care routine and see how it glows!
- The Aloisia Beauty Team