Monstrous blemishes and zombiefied skin texture are just a few of the most common skin care nightmares. In the spirit of Halloween, here are Aloisia Beauty’s top five horror stories when it comes to our skin…and the tricks and treats to clear them up!
- Monstrous Blemishes: A giant blackhead or whitehead can feel like an alien invasion on your face – and can also haunt your skin with a lingering dark mark. Blemishes usually show up when dead skin cells and oil combine and clog your pores. To help combat flare-ups, it’s important to keep skin clean, calm, and clear of bacteria. One ingredient that does it all is honey, which has shown to have naturally inherent anti-bacterial, moisturizing, and soothing properties. It’s found in our Honey Glow Mask, along with Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camelia Sinesis (Green Tea Extract), and other clean, natural marine and botanical ingredients to purify, relieve irritation, and lock-in moisture – a triple threat to blemishes!
- A Devilish Complexion: Indoor and outdoor heat, sun exposure, dehydrated skin, and conditions like rosacea and acne are among the demons that can cause you to see red! Keeping a facial spray on-hand will help you reduce redness, irritation, and inflammation, as well as rehydrate and soothe whenever you need it. Our DEEP HYDRATING Aloe Gel Mist is a clean formulation with two forms of soothing aloe, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water and Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, along with hydrating Hydrolyzed Collagen, healing Centella Asiatica Extract, and more – plus it can be stored in the refrigerator for an ultra-cooling effect!
- Zombiefied Skin Texture: Dry, peeling skin is sure to make anyone groan – especially as we move into colder winter weather and dry indoor heat! Keeping skin hydrated and moisturized at the deepest level is one way to restore skin to a smooth and supple state. Most of our clean formulations include the dynamic duo of Polyglutamic Acid (PGA) a breakthrough hydrating ingredient more powerful than Hyaluronic Acid that deeply nourishes skin and promotes the skin’s own natural ability to seal in moisture, and Sodium Hyaluronate, (SH), which can retain 5X as much moisture as Hyaluronic Acid. Our Aqua Ultra-Moisturizing Mask also includes Sea Water (Maris Aqua), which is rich in natural ocean minerals and nutrients to help skin soak up moisture.
- Horrifying Hyperpigmentation: Dark spots and uneven skin tone can take over your skin faster than you can say “infestation,” as well as trick you into looking (and feeling) aged. Look for products with clean ingredients that naturally help to fade spots and brighten skin tone, like our Ginseng Vitality Mask, which boasts Panax Ginseng Root Extract to protect skin from environmental stressors and slow down melanin production, and Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract to fade dark spots. Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3, formulated in our Brightening Radiance Mask, is another naturally powerful ingredient proven to even-out skin tone.
- Creeping Wrinkles: Take the scare out of reversing the signs of aging by using products loaded with clean, natural anti-aging ingredients to help plump and smooth the skin, instead of harsh, health-damaging chemicals. Our Rejuvenating & Repair Mask is formulated with natural wrinkle-fighting ingredients like Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Lespedeza Cuneata Extract, SH, PGA, and more. Our Aqua Collagen Mask contains Hydrolyzed Collagen, a safely effective ingredient that strengthens and hydrates skin to reduce wrinkles, along with Deep Sea Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, and other clean firming and plumping agents.
And since it's Halloween, here are some extra treats on masks and clean beauty!
Magical Masks: Sheet masks can be easily incorporated into any skin care routine and the K-Beauty method – they help the serums they are soaked in penetrate longer and deeper into the skin, and create a barrier during application so the serum stays pure and not affected by environmental factors. So, this October is the perfect time to don a mask – and see how it works its magic on your skin!
Terrifying Toxins: Did you know that the U.S. government doesn’t regulate the ingredients in our personal care products? Currently, there are only 11 Prohibited or Restricted Ingredients in Cosmetics (compared to thousands in other parts of the world) and no universal clean standard. This means it’s up to each individual brand to define what clean means to them, and be transparent about the ingredients in their products.
At Aloisia Beauty, our commitment to clean beauty includes banning over 60 ingredients that have shown the potential to be health-harming (such as known hormone disruptors and carcinogens). To take the fright out of skin care, our products are only formulated with clean, carefully-researched, non-toxic ingredients that are healthy on the skin’s surface and inside the body, including clean marine, botanical, and science-made ingredients.
Wishing you a safe, healthy, and glowing Halloween!
- The Aloisia Beauty Team